No upcoming events found.
The Howell Area Junior Baseball Association is proud to announce that we will be offering our 15th Consecutive season of Fall Baseball.
Last season, we had 275 kids participate in our Fall Baseball program.
Online Registration for HAJBA Fall Baseball is now open.
You can register using this link.
We will not be offering Fall Softball this season.
If there are any girls that were considering playing Fall Softball, please consider playing Fall Baseball instead.
The ball may be smaller, but the fundamentals of baseball are the same as Softball.
Fall-Ball is intended to be fun and instructional, preparing kids for the 2015 Spring/Summer baseball season. It is a great way for your child to develop and become a better baseball player.
Games will be played, but standings will not be kept and only 1 umpire per field will be provided.
Registration Deadline is Monday August 11, 2014.
Fall Ball Guidelines:
* A minimum of three (3) teams per division is needed for that division to be formed.
* Each Division will be limited to 6 (six) teams.
* Prospective coaches that did not coach during the spring 2014 season will need to fill out a volunteer coach application form so that a background check can be ran.
* Teams will consist of 10-12 players.
* Teams will be formed via “Blind Draw”. The only 9 through 15 Year old players “protected” on a team are the Head Coach and Assistant Coaches children. No other players in this age range can be “protected” on a team. Any T-Ball coaches moving up to Bantam Baseball for the Fall Season can “protect” up to 3 additional players from their Spring/Summer team, with the understanding that they cannot protect these kids for the 2015 Spring/Summer season.
* The season will run from August 18th through October 3rd .
Firm game and practice schedules will be determined once all registrations are received and teams are selected.
The intention is to play games on Mondays and Thursdays, but one additional weekday may be added depending on the number of kids that register.
* Children will be placed in the division they will play in for the 2015 Spring/Summer season. It will be based on their age as of May 1, 2015.
* The divisions are as follows:
T-Ball: 5 and 6 years old (1 hour game time – 5/6 year olds on same team)
Bantam: 7 and 8 years old
Midget: 9 and 10 years old (Wood Bats will be used – Provided by the league)
Minor: 11 and 12 years old (Wood Bats will be used – Provided by the league)
Major: 13 – 15 years old (Wood Bats will be used – Provided by the league)
* The cost for fall ball is $55 per player. Each player will receive a T-Shirt.
Baseball pants, socks and hats will not be provided.
Please do not expect to be contacted by your team manager until the third week in August.
If you have any questions concerning Fall Ball, please contact Eric Pogrmich at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of inquiries, email is the preferred way to contact Eric.
Eric can also be reached at 517-518-1172.
As you know, HAJBA sponsored a raffle this season for the giveaway of a new vehicle.
We were not able to sell the needed minimum number of tickets to give the vehicle away, so per our rules, the raffle became a 50/50 style giveaway.
We were able to sell $8320 worth of tickets. (416 Tickets)
The winners of the raffle were:
First Place – Denise O’Brien - $3536.00
Second Place – Jim Brown - $416.00
Third Place – Mike Miller - $208.00
HAJBA was able to raise $4160.00 from this raffle, minus expenses of about $800.00.
These dollars will be used for future field improvements.
Congratulations to the winners.
And thanks to all that participated in this raffle.